Am I unhappy about
everything?
No.
I am happy about and satisfied with and grateful for
whatever I have now: health, freedom, a career I love, a lovely daughter, more
and more understanding parents, close friends, my own spacious apartmen, opportunity
to be here in Yale with nice collegues and teachers…. I can’t ask for more.
Thank God!
Am I happy about everything?
No.
I clean the restroom here in our apartment in Yale(8
of us women share one, 5 Chinese; Delia and I are adults, the others are young
undergraduate or graduate students). We are told again and again we cannot put
trash like food, peels from our rooms into the restroom trash bin, but they just
do it. I clean the restroom( no cleaner ever comes ), take the full trash bag to
the basement trash room, but I am worried about the young generation’s
behaviors and morals, for in some way it is the same situation on our campus in
our country. Sure not only young people, a lot of adults behave like this as
well.
I love to talk with and listen to people, especially
young students, for their own thoughtful ideas, I learn from them(I always tell
them that), but today what some of our students are interested in are rumors,
gossips, materials, pc games, vuglar tv shows(which I don’t care at all). So I am
a little confused and worried. My friends from some other universities in other
fields, like history, philosophy, law have the same kind of experience and feelings
and confusions. Of course we have outstanding students, but generally what they
care about is power, money and a cosy life in the future.
I, like most Chinese, complain a lot about our system,
constitution, our government just because I love the nation and people. I do
expect we have a free and democratic country, and then we people can live
better in all ways and it can be respected by the other nations, just like I respect
America in many ways. And our kids can be better raised ,cultivated and
educated, so they can be civilized and respectd by all when they grow up and
come out.
No matter what country, all adults worry about the direction of their young...and yet they will lead us into a better future, it happens everytime.
回复删除