2014年7月12日星期六

Saturday, July,12,2014
I was so lucky to have the chance to go to Broadway for the Lion king with the summer session!
To be honest, this is the first time for me to watch a musical in a theater. The atmosphere, the lights, the setting, all is awesome, not to mention those terrific actors and actresses. I’ve seen the film, but a film is quite different a musical. Here the audience and the stage, the performers are so close that we are much more attracted, lost and involved.
At the end of the show, the audience stood up and gave the performers big lasting applause, which touched me to tears.
One line ”remember who you are” is repeated in the play, which implies a kind of duty and responsibility and glory. The world needs elites to lead, by blood or by sweat. It reminds me of some secret societies(like bones&skull n Yale) and Barake Obama’s speech at 2014 graduation ceremony in West: it is not whether we should lead, but how we lead. They take themselves as the leaders, the saviors of the chaotic world.
Why so many of our high elite officials corrupt and end up in prison is attracting wide attention and research. Besides system and constitution background, not enough education from childhood of duty,responsibility and glory may be a big reason.

There is kind of philosophy behind, and I will go further about it and may write a paper on it.

2 条评论:

  1. You were very lucky indeed! After I saw that show I said to my daughter, "If I never see another Broadway show, I shall remain satisfied forever with that one."

    回复删除
  2. This morning I told my daughter that she must be in Yale,in New York,in the United States of America one day. Otherwise a great pity for life.

    回复删除