2014年7月13日星期日

Sunday,13,July,2014

What a rewarding day!

    At 8, I was in the Christ Church for the ceremony with fewer than 20. It was grave and people there were so pious and friendly.Last Sunday morning I was there at 10. Different time, different procedures. I love to be in that kind of atmosphere, which makes me ease,calm, relaxed and even elevated.

    At 12 Delia and I went to the center of British arts, where we enjoyed wonderful British oil paintings and sculptures on the 4th floor. On 3rd floor is a special show of suites of people and sights in UK by two well-known American photographers.Those photos recorded nature and people and life there in 1950s to 1960s.
   The second presents people's research and insight of nature.
   If our students of all levels could have so many galleries and museums to turn to in their studies, they would do much better!
    And then I went back to the dorm, watching the world cup with susan wang. Germany won last, as we know. I just appreciate and enjoy the process, so who won finally didn't matter to me. And I always believe one who has worked hardest, cooperated best wins.
    At 7 pm,after supper, I went to a small restaurant for Yale Summer Cabaret.The performers are students from Yale school of drama. They did a wonderful job. Though I didn't catch every single word, I could understand the story, the point. Just as they put it,"We are investigating the contemporary American experience.How we define ourselves as Americans in relationship to the larger world, to each other and to ourselves?...". I do hope they can present one concerning how America can get along with China.
    The above actions and activities are my way to experience America.

2 条评论:

  1. What a wonderful day with a little bit of everything....Jane would call it a chicken soup day, a very sophisticated chicken soup indeed.

    回复删除
    回复
    1. We have to make full use of our time here to experience more.

      删除