How time flies! Today is the third Friday(July,18,2014)
we are here in Yale and time for the third field trip.
Actually yesterday we had an extra field trip to the
beach, the woods(what are the names? No idea), and carrie’s
newly-bought-and-renovated house with a history of more than100 years. I love
the beach, but we were just visitors and photo-takers, not swimmers. I admire
carrie so much for her artistic eyes, and what she has done on her house is a
good example of the spirit of self-reliance in Americans,I suppose.
Today we went to Hartford(the capital city of Connecticut)
to visit Mark Twain’s house and show our respect to the great writer.
In the first class when we were asked to name one English
book I love most, my answer was The adventures of Tom Sawyer. I got to love it
when I touched it. Like Tom, I was depressed, even devastated by too much
blame, curse, beat, even humiliation as a kid. By nature I was a somewhat
daring and adventurous kid, but I never had that kind of chance to experience any
adverture like what Tom did. So I was deeply absorbed in the story. Later I read
more Mark Twain and he is one of my favorite writers.
Now I am in his
house. Though he is so far far away from us, the house brings us close.
没有评论:
发表评论