2014年7月22日星期二

The other is from Jose Lopez, a 17-year-old American high school graduate In LA, who is a rising freshman in Yale this fall.
His parents immigrated to America 20 years ago. They support three boys with their humble salary from their hard physical work. They take college education very seriously. Jose is the first college student in his generation, and the whole family is so happy and proud for him. He thinks he needs help to get better ready for his coming college life, so he applied, and the government pays all for him to be here for the summer session, including tuition, board,and accommodation. His two younger brothers can have this kind of help some day, but their kids can’t, because their fathers have had college education, and the fathers must be responsible.
I have read much about the educational and welfare systems, but today when I hear the story in my own ears, I still feel a little bit…what? I can’t find the proper word. I feel happy for lucky Jose, also sad for our kids, very different situation in China so far.
I said I respect America for their care to the disabled, also for their  care and help to the lower income families, especially in education, so the young generation can change their life through their hard work, through good education.

This is the greatness of a country!

没有评论:

发表评论