Wednesday, July, 8,2014
After the seminar
in the afternoon, I went to the Free Public library, the first for me to be in
a library in New Haven and Yale, though I love libraries and have been planning
and expecting to be with them a lot.
Just as at the art gallery, I was startled, not by the
collections, but by people reading there. You know there are not so many
libraries for us and most our people seldom go to any one all their life. At
the fewer libraries are usually educated people(or so-called intellectuals) who
are there to search information for their researches and papers. But I saw many
who seemingly are not so well-educated, just like from the lower class. Sure
this is just my supposition, I may be totally wrong, but I felt that.
I borrowed three new novels there, which I don’t know
whether I have enough time to go through, for there is too much for me to
explore and experience.
It is said there are 22 libraries in yale. The
following are some of them, I don’t think I can set my feet on all of them.
Wednesday, July, 8,2014
After the seminar
in the afternoon, I went to the Free Public library, the first for me to be in
a library in New Haven and Yale, though I love libraries and have been planning
and expecting to be with them a lot.
Just as at the art gallery, I was startled, not by the
collections, but by people reading there. You know there are not so many
libraries for us and most our people seldom go to any one all their life. At
the fewer libraries are usually educated people(or so-called intellectuals) who
are there to search information for their researches and papers. But I saw many
who seemingly are not so well-educated, just like from the lower class. Sure
this is just my supposition, I may be totally wrong, but I felt that.
I borrowed three new novels there, which I don’t know
whether I have enough time to go through, for there is too much for me to
explore and experience.
It is said there are 22 libraries in yale. The
following are some of them, I don’t think I can set my feet on all of them.



Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library

Public Free library
sterling memorial library



Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library

Public Free library
sterling memorial library
I enjoy reading your personal reactions to your experiences here...like your impressions of Joe and his daughter...I hope to see more of our world through your eyes.
回复删除