“You
are proud of me today,
I
am proud of you tomorrow”
Every day I pass schools of architecture and drama when I talk a walk.
And when I pass, I can’t help giving a glance at them, because two women I respect
very much once studied there. One is Maya Ying Lin , graduate of school
of architecture, the other Meryl Streep, graduate of school of drama.
Maya Ying Lin (born October 5, 1959) is an Chinese American designer and
artist who is known for her work in sculpture and landscape art. She is best known
as the designer of the Vietnam Veterans
Memorial in Washington, D.C. and
we can appreciate her Women’s table before the Sterling memorial libarary. In
2009, Maya Lin was awarded the National Medal of
Arts by President Barack Obama.



Meryl Streep (born Mary
Louise Streep; June 22, 1949)is an American actress of theater, film and
television, widely regarded as one of the greatest actresses of all time. She
has been nominated eighteen times (more than any other actor/actress in
history) for an Academy Award, winning four. I love all her films for her
amazing acting and the profound stories.


I admire and respect
them for their total devotion and passion to their careers,and their great
achievements. Although they are elites and celebrities now, they are so humble,
so peaceful,still focused on their careers, keeping on working and creating.
They are my models
and icons forever.
They, I suppose,
were proud of being enrolled to Yale university, for its fascinating history
and tradition, for its prestigious teaching and research staff,for its first
level facilities, so on and so forth, but now Yale can be proud of their excellent
graduates. They are the pride of each other. What a wonderful connection
between the school and the graduates!
没有评论:
发表评论