2014年7月11日星期五

Today is Saturday, July 4, 2014, American Independence Day, our first one in Yale.
As planned, we have field trips on Friday. So yesterday we went to Yale’s outdoor education center. It is actually a lake, beautiful, but different from our “center”. We had a special meal in a pavillion near the lake with the pouring rain outside. After the meal, I walked along, took some pictures and then we went back, feeling a little pity .
Today we went to the crossing outlets in Clinton by train. It is a great fun to take a train in America, which is quite different from that in China, fewer passangers, slower, cleaner, more friendly conductors, but not cheaper.
It was the first time for me to be in an outlets(our home city Changsha has outlets too, though somewhat different), I am not a shopaholic. The mall is nice, with many brands and lower prices, and a special discount action for the independence day.
Delia and I stayed there for no more than three hours( from 12:30 or so to 15:00 pm). I left with two watches , a sunglass and one shirt, Delia, nothing.
After supper, Delia went to bed early with exhaustion, while I took a walk alone. Fortunately I noticed a school bus beside the gym, and I went to talk to the driver, realizing that they were waiting to take us sumer session students to the Independence Day fireworks show in Orange county. I decided to go. The bus was supposed to go at 7, but until 8, only me was there with them. Finally we went, the friendly talktive black driver Joe and his cute 7- year old daughter chandler.  
We enjoyed the live band, the fireworks, the talks there in the park. Such a wonderful community gathering for the local people and me, a Chinese from far away. What an experience!

I have no idea what happened to the others, I had an incrediable celebration of the indepence day of the united states of America, which I respect very much.

没有评论:

发表评论