Here we are, the
United States of America!
As an English learner and teacher, I’ve
heard, talked ,read, and thought so much about America, but until today I have got
the chance to be standing on the ground of America with 7 of my workmates on
June , 23, 2014.
Upon the arrival on the JF Kennedy airport
we were met and picked up by Chinese, for we booked a package tour with a
Chinese travel agency. And with a Chinese male tour guide, a Chinese driver, the
other 40 Chinese and 4 Thais we had a nice 6-day of the eastern coast cities,
including New York, Philadelphia, Washington D.C, Baffalo and Boston. In Corning
Glass City and Niagara Falls town Chinese there are Chinese interpretors and
Chinese verse of the video program. Actually we were all the way surrounded by
Chinese in scenic spots, stores, hotels. What a small world! I don’t know how
the other Chinese feel, I am happy about that, because it means we’ve got the opportunity
and attention and service we need and deserve. In addition I do hope more Chinese have the opportunity to see and experience and understand the United
states of America, for America is always the nation we Chinese love and hate
most, to be frank. Sure I expect we can do good in everything, so we can have the
real respect, not despise, and just for money they have to be polite.
It’s often said that USA is a mosaic, now
here I am and I can understand it much better. People of different colors,
different costumes, different languages, different beliefs, etc can been seen
and heard any place any time. What a globalized world! Here in the states we
can feel it very well. And I show all my respect to those who work together to
make such a complicated society run good, though sometimes it doesn’t work so
properly.
Visitors are generally fascinated by the
somewhat old buildings in those cities, not the new ones, the high rises. I
love to appreciate the frozen art of architecture, but now I realized what
really impressive is old, even ancient constructions in both Europe, America,
and China. I haven’t got the chance to see Gowdy in person, but I do prefer the
old buildings. What’s up with today’s architecture?
Looking up there is blue sky and white clouds, looking around,green trees and lawns and squirrels everywhere.People and houses living in the nature,to be equal with each other, not the nature serving people as a slave! What a picture it is!How lucky people and nature are here!
Looking up there is blue sky and white clouds, looking around,green trees and lawns and squirrels everywhere.People and houses living in the nature,to be equal with each other, not the nature serving people as a slave! What a picture it is!How lucky people and nature are here!
One trouble here is tips, which don’t exit
in china. We have had some ideas about tips, but theories are the same, practice
variable, so we had to learn fast. We are good learners, and finally we did a
good job in this way, and then both sides were comfortable though our wallets or
purses are not.
a boat tour of Hudson river
a view from the Empire Building
Niagara Falls, daytime
Night Niagara falls


没有评论:
发表评论