2014年7月22日星期二

I always waste American drivers’ time at crossings without traffic lights.
One day, an senior American man told me, “ I am the king” when we waited, looked around, hesitated to or not to cross a street, for we saw cars approaching the safety line. He lead us go forward without giving even a glance at the cars at all. I know we pedestrians are entitled to go first at any place (except at the crossings with green lights on) in America, but I just hesitate because you know I am from China, where most cars rush for most time and go first in any place as if they are a specially privileged group, so tragic accidents happen so often just on zebra lines or turnings or crossings in China with or without traffic lights, though our traffic regulations say motor vehicles must be courteous to pedestrians, I haven’t seen many drivers do that so far, and nobody has been punished for not obeying . So hesitation, fear, wait is so regular for us, which has been a kind of subconscious. How can we “braveenough to cross the street without any hesitation? We have to learn to do as Americans do in America. But back to China, we must come back to that way in a minute, or our life would be in danger.

Which day could be the day in China when we walkers are kings!

1 条评论:

  1. what a funny story. It truly shows the differences and similarities between our cultures :-)

    回复删除