2014年7月25日星期五

Yesterday I paid a visit to Peabody Museum and Leitner Family Observatory Planetanum.





    For detailed information, please log onto

I never ever imagined a university possesses such amazing arts, history, natural collections and they are open to public free of charge. But now I am with them, I believe and admire and respect everything I see, especially people behind them. What people? People who donated those arts or funded to found those centers and museums.
As you know, China has a long history, but with continuous wars and revolutions, so there are no big noble, honorable families and funds which have preserved their names with magnificent teaching buildings, libraries, laboratories, museums, art centers, hospitals, etc.
Situations, however, are changing more or less. We may have no professional philanthropists like Bill gates today, but we have more and more NGOs, funds and foundations.

If I had a fortune, I would establish a scholarship in my university, helping brilliant students(from not wealthy families)to summer sessions in prestigious universities in English speaking countries. But the possibility is nought, for I never buy lotteries, I don’t see any chance to make such a sum of money in the rest years of my life.       

2 条评论:

  1. I'm so glad you are having such rich experiences!

    回复删除
  2. I too would love to help people less fortunate than myself, but because of the lifestyle I've chosen, I am one of the unfortunate...and I enjoy it tremendously.

    回复删除